Loake launches new e-commerce website to push online sales of its classic English shoes
Loake, the classic English shoemaker, has launched a new website and shop at http://www.loake.co.uk. The new transactional website has been designed and developed by Screen Pages, the e-commerce agency, using Magento.
Loake has been making traditional English shoes since 1880. Today, five generations and more than 130 years later, Loake continues to design and produce fine, handmade shoes. Loake has made over 50 million pairs of Goodyear welted shoes since it began. The company exports to more than 50 countries and has become a favourite with discerning customers worldwide.
The new website’s capabilities accessible, developed in Magento, include:
- Premium design showcasing elegant product photography
- Drop-down navigation
- Filtered selection (sole, leather type, last, fitting etc)
- Reviews & ratings
- Social media & community engagement (Facebook & Twitter)
- Cross-sells and up-sells
- Lifestyle blog featuring advice and style notes
- Single page checkout with online card authorisation via Commidea
- Full content management via Magento Administration Panel
- Integration with Prima Solutions back office for stock availability and order processing
Already, the new site – launched in mid-April – is showing a doubling in sales conversions.
Andrew Loake, managing director at Loake, said: “Loake wanted to build a long-term relationship with an e-commerce agency with a professional approach and a track record with premium brands such as ours. Screen Pages’ management, design & technical teams have been a pleasure to work and we are very pleased with our new transactional website.”
Roger Willcocks, director of Screen Pages, said: “Loake has been a maker of quality classic English shoes for over a hundred years and we are privileged to be working with the company as it develops its fast growing online sales channel.”