Hosting Systems Administrator
We are on the lookout for a Hosting Systems Engineer/IT Systems Administrator to help them drive their business forward.
If you have experience of multi-server hosting environments and a proven track record of managing Linux and Apache systems, this is a superb opportunity to join an industry-leading company where you will benefit from a professional yet friendly environment. What’s more, you’ll have the chance to work with some well-known brands and online retailers. As a Hosting Systems Engineer IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for managing the IT and operational aspects of hosting about 50 industry-leading e-commerce websites.
The hosting environment operates on high-end IBM equipment running VMware and PHP Magento applications and MySQL databases on a mixture of Linux and Windows Servers.
Working from our picturesque offices in the heart of Surrey’s countryside, you will undertake hardware and network configuration, installation and management. You will also be involved with web server configuration and management.
Your other duties will include
- Monitoring sites, servers, applications and databases
- Patching and security
- Managing internal IT and operations
- Responding to issues within agreed SLAs
- Internal IT administration, including desktop machine builds and Active Directory management
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have:
- Significant experience of working with Web Application Servers, including both Apache and IIS
- Excellent Linux knowledge and experience
- Experience of administering Windows domains including Active Directory management
Desirable skills are:
- Knowledge of Linux Web Server performance & optimisation technologies (e.g. NginX)
- Experience of working in transactional & e-commerce environments
- Experience of security standards & practices (such as PCI)
You will be responsible for and able to take ownership of problems and their solutions. Organised and reliable, you will be highly motivated with great interpersonal skills. A commitment to getting things done and first class communication skills are also key.
Due to the office location, you must have a driving licence, your own transport and live within sensible commuting distance.