[dt_row ][dt_column column=”12″][dt_text_html spy=”none” scroll_delay=”300″]
We are looking to recruit an assistant project manager for a professional, successful and well-established website development agency business (founded in 1997), specialising in e-commerce.
You will be executing project management tasks on the agency side, responsible for assisting with management of a team of 15 developers, QA testers and designers delivering a number of small, medium and large projects for new and existing clients (we have over 50, so the work is fairly diverse). Specifically, you will be working to make sure that the process of receiving new work requests, gathering requirements, specifying and scheduling them with the development team happens smoothly. You’ll also work with the development team on changes are in progress to make sure the required project milestones are reached on time or early and managing the internal teams and clients to deliver that work.
You’ll be happy communicating with people inside the business, our clients and with third parties where required: you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’ll be able to discuss client website requirements in general terms and be able to relay that to technical teams. You’ll have an ordered approach to your work and be able to identify where you are with a project you are managing and what needs to happen next.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring a client portal for new change requests and guiding them through the quoting process including requirements definition
- Scheduling approved work with developers, designers & QA testers and communicating these times to clients
- Managing a number of projects concurrently of different sizes and complexities
- Reporting to the Project Director on a weekly basis regarding the progress of all projects being managed by you
- Understanding the overall process for all project work undertaken by the business to allow any project to be moved forward
The successful candidate must have:-
- Extremely good attention to detail
- First class English oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity & proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually to achieve goals
- Ability to multi-task
- Extremely strong time management skills
- A strong work ethic
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A passion for helping customers and delivering work on time, on budget and on scope
- Familiarity with the principles of online shopping and e-commerce
The successful candidate would ideally have:-
- Agency experience (or experience working for external clients)
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of project management practices and principles
- Experience of using Microsoft Project to manage projects
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in an exciting and fast growing area of the Internet.
We are based in Wisley, Surrey so you will need a car to get into the office, which is located on the M25/A3 intersection. Candidates would be best placed within the South West London, Surrey region and we would prefer candidates with no more than a 30 minute commute.
Interested? Please email your CV to email@example.com, and a covering letter with an indication of earnings expectation.