The IMRG & Cap Gemini have released their latest online retail growth statistics: the figures show online sales grew 13% year-on-year in April – following an unprecedented four months of single-digit growth.
Highlights of the report are:
- Online sales up 13% year-on-year in April – following four months of single-digit growth
- 4% month-on-month growth – highest for the month of April since 2007
- Travel sector records 20% growth
- The Index celebrates 15 years of tracking UK online sales – estimated £640 bn spent online since April 2000
- April also saw the highest conversion rate yet seen in 2015 at 4.6%.
- Improvements in average temperatures seemed to provide a boost to clothing – where sales growth was up 15%, its best performance in 2015 so far.