We saw an interesting article on CommsAxis about the whys and wherefores of video marketing – well worth a read. Here’s a few highlights:
* Indeed, 76% of marketers now intend to incorporate video onto their websites. And of this 76%, 51.9% actually consider video as delivering the greatest Return On Investment.
* Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to make a purchase as result. By 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer Internet traffic.
* Whether on their phone, tablet, digital signage and TV… globally, consumer Internet video traffic will be 80% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019.
* The first 10 seconds of a video is crucial to capturing attention. 20% will click away after this time and 45% click away after 60 seconds: 37% more likely to share videos if 15 seconds or under, compared to those between 30-60 seconds
* SEO – when synced in with social media activities, videos have 41% higher click-through rates in universal search results than plain text.
* A recent study showed that there was a 5.6% higher open rate on average of those that included video. However the cherry on the icing on the cake lay in the click-through rates: there was an incredible 96.38% higher click-through rate for emails went with video than without.
Read the whole article here: http://www.commsaxis.com/video-marketing-essential/
Automated extensions display information that shoppers find useful alongside your Product Listing Ads (PLAs) — such as free shipping costs or sale price figures. Per Google: “Promotional text, an optional message added to your ad groups in AdWords, was part of our first efforts to do just that. We noticed many of you use promotional text to highlight special offers or free shipping, so today, we’re excited to introduce new automated extensions for shopping ads (PLAs).”
Automated extensions use existing information you’ve provided in your Merchant Centre settings and data feed to display this info within your PLAs automatically. In the olden days, using promotional text ads, you had to manually enter the copy into AdWords.
Not only do these new extensions display in a digestible format for consumers and help differentiate your products, but they come at no additional work or cost for retailers. And the debut comes at an optimal time for retailers, as most are preparing to ramp up their holiday promotions soon.
As a big bonus, Google reported that automated extensions received better click-through-rates (CTRs) than promotional texts during testing.
Howver, Google has said “we’ll be retiring promotional text at the end of September 2015 and start surfacing automated extensions more frequently instead…For those who use promotional text, no additional action is needed. Your ads won’t be otherwise affected and will continue to reach shoppers searching on Google. If you want to highlight other offers aside from free shipping and sale prices, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our other shopping extensions” (e.g. trusted stores, promotions & ratings).
See more from Google here: http://adwords.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/new-automated-extension-for-shopping-ads.html
We have long been convinced of the value of loyalty schemes (in a crowded & commoditised market full of economic equivalents). Here is a graphic from Sweet Tooth, showing the ROI and the loyalty transactions that can be rewarded:
We came across this technology research giant Gartner’s visualisation of all the different elements & disciplines in the digital marketing universe. In Gartner’s words: “Use this map to understand the connections among business functions (neighborhoods), applications (tracks) and providers (stations) so you can easily mediate discussions between marketing and IT.”
You can register for the full thing on Gartner’s website.
E-commerce activity has been shown to go down by as much as 30% in the summer months compared to the highs of December- a fact that could spell disaster for your business.
Nosto – the targeted recommendation & personalisation service provider (with a great Magento extension) – has compiled a simple-to-follow whitepaper with eleven top tips to prepare your online store for this sometimes difficult to navigate season, including advice on store design, email use and personalization of your website.
Download your copy here……
Content marketing is now vital for brands & the “storytelling” is seen increasingly as vital to getting a brand’s story across. According to Smart Insights, “sharing long-form content across social media channels in formats including video, infographics, blogs and other media is becoming more of an ‘art’, as companies are understanding the importance of ‘humanising the brand’ to reach higher levels of engagement.”
Here’s a great infographic from OneSpot which explains the science and practice behind it.