Junior Web Developer
Due to continued expansion, we are looking to increase the size of our development team. As a result, we are seeking a Junior Developer to join our team. We develop, update & support e-commerce websites on Magento and Shopify Plus. Magento is an open source PHP application built upon Zend framework and Shopify Plus is a SAAS application that borrows its templating language from Ruby.
Duties will include:-
- Developing and enhancing Industry-leading e-commerce websites for popular niche brands.
The successful candidate must have:-
- Extremely good attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity & proficiency with internet applications and devices
- Familiarity & proficiency with office applications
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills
- A strong work ethic
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A passion for helping customers and working within a team
- Ability to plan, visualise and create solutions to a brief
You should have or be able to demonstrate:-
- PHP OOP (1 years+)
- Proficiency with Mysql
- CSS/SCSS/LESS (1 years+)
- Good understanding of MVC design patterns
- A degree (or equivalent) and some web programming experience
Although not essential, experience of using Magento, Zend Framework, Git and Linux would be a distinct advantage to your application.
In this role, you will be working in a team of 10 (currently) developers to develop, extend and support e-commerce websites. Screen Pages conforms to best practice industry standards, including specification and design, structured development, workflow applications, version control, security, quality assurance and project management. We operate a collaborative working environment, with regular weekly team technical and project meetings.
Projects are developed in small teams (usually 1-2 developers) backed by other staff for IT support, creative design, QA, specification and project management tasks as appropriate. New website design/build projects take 40-100 man days on average (for half of which developers will have responsibility). Updates can be a matter of hours and days. We plan 20% of all developer time on support activities, which involves technical analysis and resolution of problems.
You’ll love working with clients and be passionate about creating usable sites that look great and sell lots! You will have a keen sense of project discipline, a commitment to getting things done on time and on budget, good written and verbal English communication skills (there will be client contact) and a willingness to learn and take responsibility.
Due to the office location in Wisley, candidates must have a driving licence and their own transport.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in an exciting and fast growing area of the Internet.
Interested? Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org