Ten years ago, Anna Gibson discovered the Mini Micro Scooter. Inspired by the ability to leave the pushchair at home, Anna wanted the Mini Micro Scooter to be more widely available to other parents and so teamed up with her friend Philippa Gogarty to form Micro Scooters Limited in the UK.
Not content with just scooters, Anna and Philippa also manufacture scooter accessories for the UK and International markets allowing children and adults to personalise their Micro scooters.
Micro Scooters Ltd has an objective of giving the best transport solution as well as the best possible advice and first class service. This has the same importance for their Web site and, therefore, Screen Pages was tasked with ensuring the ethos of the company migrates seamlessly online.
Micro Scooters needed to ensure their expert advice carried into the digital realm – so that their customers have the right help and support to choose the very best scooter for their specific requirements.
The functional brief for the new website www.micro-scooters.co.uk – developed on Magento Commerce– included:
- UK and Irish websites for desktop and mobile
- New, fresh, clean design and layout
- Easier and clearer navigation and browsing
- Improved SEO;
- Stronger promotional and product-bundling capabilities;
- Improved transactional functionality for customers;
- Better flexibility and control in content management
- Filtered product selection (on price, age, colour etc)
- Strong social and community material via weblog and social media
- Integration with Peerius recommendation engine
- Online sale and redemption of gift vouchers
- Paypal and credit card payments in GBP and Euros
- Reevoo reviews
- Schools affiliate scheme
- Integration with Spark Response for inventory management and order processing and status
- Automated datafeeds to affiliate networks
- Data exports to More2 for customer segmentation & database analysis
- Enhanced Google Analytics implementation with event tracking
The real beauty is behind the scenes
What makes Micro Scooters site so special is the product range, customisation and integrated reviews.
“We appointed Screen Pages because of its no-nonsense and professional philosophy to e-commerce, as well as its measured, well-structured support and advisory service. Screen Pages’ project management was exceptional, it’s very rare that a project of this size and complexity is delivered on time and budget. The project team showed great commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility.”
Ben Gibson, director of business development at Micro Scooters
“We are very proud to be working with Micro Scooters. The business has been a phenomenal success and we can see from the numbers that it performs exceptionally well, offering great products and service to a loyal and enthusiastic customer base. We are looking forward to helping it to the next level of success in the coming years.” Roger Willcocks, former director of Screen Pages
Magento is the most flexible, most powerful eCommerce platform. Customisable and agile, Magento gives your business the flexibility other platforms can’t.
Magento is the easiest and smoothest implementation for any modern cloud commerce platform. It uses an open-source ecosystem. Flexible for B2C, B2B, and hybrid solutions, Magento extends beyond the shopping cart.
Screen Pages and Micro Scooters deliver an irresistible, seamless shopping experience at every touchpoint.
Responsive web design (RWD, also referred to as responsive design) was a key focus for Micro Scooters. Screen Pages had to ensure an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices (from large, high-resolution desktop computer monitors to mobile phones).
Combined with Micro Scooters crusade for innovation, design and simplicity quickly became our focus.
The objective was to ensure the user eCommerce journey was as streamlined and efficient as possible, whilst maintaining high regard for Micro Scooters customer experience focus.