The British Heart Foundation, the UK’s heart charity, has re-launched its transactional website at http://giftshop.bhf.org.uk. The new e-commerce website has been designed and developed by Screen Pages, the e-commerce services company, using Magento.
The British Heart Foundation is the nation’s heart charity, dedicated to saving lives through pioneering research, patient care, campaigning, and vital information which helps people understand and care for their own heart health.
- Simple, clear design, consistent with the main website
- Wide range of products for healthy living, home & garden, wedding & gifts
- Merchandising categories such as new, bestellers, best of British etc
- Large, life-style photography (with zooms)
- Filtered search (by price, type, occasion etc)
- Cross-sells and up-sells
- Gifting, donation and gift-aid options
- Ratings and reviews, blog and social media integration
- Single page checkout with online card authorisation via Worldpay
- Full content management via Magento Administration Panel
- Integration with back office for stock availability and order processing
Jackie Skeel, Head of Fundraising Promotions for BHF, said: “In 2011, BHF is launching several important campaigns around its 50th birthday and is seeking exciting sales growth online. It needed a new e-commerce platform – with revamped design, greater flexibility and deeper functionality - to support its growth plans and allow the online sales team to push ahead. Screen Pages emerged as a strong partner with an offering, culture and capability appropriate to our size and needs.”
Roger Willcocks, director of Screen Pages, said: “BHF is one of the most respected and cherished charities in the UK. We are honoured to be working with BHF’s online team responsible for e-commerce sales in this its landmark year and look forward to supporting it as its online sales activities and profits increase.”