We saw an interesting article on CommsAxis about the whys and wherefores of video marketing - well worth a read. Here's a few highlights:
* Indeed, 76% of marketers now intend to incorporate video onto their websites. And of this 76%, 51.9% actually consider video as delivering the greatest Return On Investment.
* Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to make a purchase as result. By 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer Internet traffic.
* Whether on their phone, tablet, digital signage and TV… globally, consumer Internet video traffic will be 80% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019.
* The first 10 seconds of a video is crucial to capturing attention. 20% will click away after this time and 45% click away after 60 seconds: 37% more likely to share videos if 15 seconds or under, compared to those between 30-60 seconds
* SEO – when synced in with social media activities, videos have 41% higher click-through rates in universal search results than plain text.
* A recent study showed that there was a 5.6% higher open rate on average of those that included video. However the cherry on the icing on the cake lay in the click-through rates: there was an incredible 96.38% higher click-through rate for emails went with video than without.
Read the whole article here: http://www.commsaxis.com/video-marketing-essential/