When discussing website design we naturally focus on the homepage. In reality, the majority of your customers who come from search engines will be directed straight to your landing pages, category pages or product pages. The effectiveness of the different pages deeper within the site is vital to persuading these browsers into buying customers.
How much thought and effort do you apply to your landing pages in comparison to your homepage?
Convert visitors into buyers
• The design should make the next step clear
• Don’t understimate the importance of quality graphics
• What content will help visitors make decisions?
• What objections do you need to overcome to persuade visitors to convert?
• How does the page need to work to enable visitors to take positive actions?
• How can the content and functional components be organised to make the page easy to follow?
• Where are the possible dead-ends and how can you adapt these to continue the customer journey on your website?